Kids Kickboxing Classes in Miami - IK GYM Miami Kids Kickboxing Program
IK GYM Miami offers a kickboxing program specially designed for kids. Our Kids Kickboxing Classes teach children the basic fundamentals of combat and athletics. Kids attending kickboxing classes at our Miami gym learn how to properly defend themselves in a wide range of situations. IK GYM Miami kickboxing classes not only teach kids the fundamentals of kickboxing, but also assist with self-confidence discipline and motivation. With the proper training in the encouraging environment, children have the opportunity to develop a self-esteem and respect for other people and mostly important - for themselves.
To get more information on kids kickboxing classes in Miami and to reserve your child's spot in our Miami Kickboxing Program call +1(786) 590-6666 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kickboxing for Children - What to Expect
Kickboxing is a combat sport that combines punches, knees, head-butts, and kicks to disarm an opponent or attacker. Although practical as a mean of self-defense, kickboxing is also very popular as a fitness method and a competitive contact sport. Modern competitive kickboxing actually started in the 1970s, when American karate experts arranged competitions that allowed full-contact kicks and punches that had been banned in karate.
As a combat sport, kickboxing requires from participants a lot of commitment and equal dedication for being in their best physical shape in order to succeed while at the same time avoiding injuries. Kids are recommended to join kickboxing as early as at the age of 5. The benefits of kickboxing classes for kids include strength, bravery, discipline, goal orientation and excellent coordination. The key to kickboxing is speed and agility, the child must strike before the competitor can react and respond. Kickboxing also requires commitment and dedication and a high level of athletic prowess. Through agility-focused drills children develop awareness of his or her body while improving balance, control and coordination.
Kickboxing Classes for Children - 7 Reasons Kickboxing Benefits Kids
In today's culture that often seems to be too violent, the idea of enrolling your child in kickboxing classes doesn’t always seem like a good one. However, over recent years kickboxing in Miami is increasingly popular sports activity for kids. Whether your child is too active, too bossy, or shy, kickboxing offers a number of benefits in health, physical strength and self-confidence and help him learn many important life lessons. Below you'll find 7 reasons why you may want to consider kickboxing classes for your child.
- Kickboxing makes kids more active. Enrolling an inactive child in such a physically demanding activity as kickboxing discourages the sedentary lifestyle modern kids are so get used to and gives him an enjoyable activity that inspires to be physically active.
- Kickboxing foster self-discipline and teaches children to focus. One of the basics of kickboxing is an absolute focus on self-discipline. Behind all the kicks, punches, and knees, children enrolled in kickboxing learn to sit with themselves and see where there weaknesses are and learn what it is to be still and concentrated.
- Kickboxing teaches to take hits. The key of kickboxing classes is in learning how best to take that hit and get back up. In kickboxing your child will learn to take all kinds of hits - not only literal blows but also life disappointment like getting a bad grade.
- Kickboxing is a great way for kids to learn how to set and achieve goals. As most forms of martial arts kickboxing is based around an accomplishment system of colored belts. When your child strives toward each new belt, he is learning valuable lessons about setting and reaching his goals.
- Kickboxing promotes self-confidence and self-respect. The right kickboxing coaches teach children that there are no tough guys. Every child enrolled in kickboxing classes ultimately learns the sense of respect and true confidence. Confidence comes with achievement, so your child’s self-esteem increases with every belt he earns.
- Kickboxing encourages non-violent conflict resolution. In kickboxing kids learn that there is no such thing as “fighting” words. In fact, as most of the martial arts styles, kickboxing teaches children peaceful, conflict resolution skills and emphasize the importance of avoiding a fight.
- Kickboxing improves other areas of your child's life. The benefits of kickboxing classes don’t end in the gym. The boost in confidence, increased strength and new social skills will also help your child better perform at school, improve his behavior at home and promote good habits as he develops into an active and mentally strong adult.
Kickboxing can be a fun sports activity for kids that helps promote healthy lifestyle and physical strength. Give it a try - sign up for kids kickboxing classes in our brand-new multi-sport kids gym, located in North Miami. Call +1(786) 590-6666 or contact us at email@example.com to get more information on kickboxing classes for kids and reserve your child's spot in IK GYM Miami Kids Kickboxing Program.
IK GYM Miami - Virtual Tour